Identify Unforeseen Risks with Application Cloud Migration
Fortune 50 Financial Institution
The Client sought insight from experienced data and technology consultants to develop a target state application architecture and functional capabilities strategy as well as define detailed data architecture and end-to-end physical models for a collection of enterprise-wide tools. Reference Point documented the target state application architecture for the division and provided a detailed implementation roadmap, including work packages, LOEs, and a project plan to implement the target state recommendations.
- The Client was currently amidst a Greenfield migration of its technologies from the existing on-premise software utilities to the cloud.
- At the enterprise-level, there was a disconnect between the business and technology regarding core application capabilities in the future state environment.
- The Client lacked a physical data model that represented the organizational structure and divisional data flows to support migration discussions across the enterprise.
- Reference Point deployed a team of experienced consultants with targeted expertise in systems and data architecture to develop the future state application architecture and create physical data models to assist the organization with the migration of applications to the cloud.
- The team defined the target state application architecture for the division based on previously defined business requirements, which specified the need to conduct thorough analytics through a business intelligence tool as well as support future needs for predictive analytics.
- Reference Point also reviewed the current data model, identified gaps, and defined the target state data architecture. Additionally the team provided multiple end-to-end physical data models for all applications within the division.
- By defining optimized systems and data architecture, Reference Point enabled the Client to better identify unforeseen risks for migration and leverage core capabilities across tools to increase efficiency and return on investment.
- Additionally, the Client was able to use the data models provided by Reference Point throughout the migration and build of the database – as an input to cross-enterprise conversations and the identification of relationships between all divisional applications.