Streamline Operational Incident Data Capture Process and Analysis
Fortune 50 Financial Services Institution
The enterprise’s Operational Risk group sought to determine whether it was efficiently capturing operational risk data to improve its operational loss modeling capabilities and to ensure compliance with emerging regulations. They needed to assess the current state for all Operational Incident (OI) capture processes, including evaluation of new technologies for data capture and analytics.
- The Client wanted to assess existing operational incident data collection and tagging processes to determine whether or not the data met modeling requirements.
- The Client needed outside perspective and subject matter expertise to identify gaps, evaluate processes versus industry best practices and determine changes to optimize OI capture processes.
- Reference Point deployed a team consisting of the former Head of Operational Risk at American Express and specialist risk consultants to conduct a detailed review and analysis of risks and gaps in OI data collection.
- The team performed a series of interviews with key stakeholders in the risk management function and with model users and developers to evaluate potential new technology solutions that could better support incident data capture and classification.
- Reference Point was able to identify specific opportunities to streamline OI capture processes, enabling the risk team to reduce requirements from business partners while still collecting the right data for effective risk management and modeling.
- Reference Point verified Client compliance with data capture regulations, providing significant peace of mind to leadership.